The health and safety of our community is our top priority. Havelock Physical Therapy is open and adhering to meticulous cleaning protocols. Our patients can also continue their treatment plans from the comfort of home using our convenient telehealth services.
If you’re new to these virtual visits, telehealth is a one-on-one live video appointment with your physical therapist. Getting ready for your first telehealth visit with our clinic? We have some tips:
- You’ll need a device with a screen, camera and microphone. This could be a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Choose a private space where you feel comfortable to conduct your visit. Make sure you have room to move and that you aren’t in a shadowy area.
- Wear clothes that you can move in, and that your PT can see you move in. Very loose, baggy clothing makes it hard for your PT to see and evaluate your movement.
- Collect any equipment you have beforehand so your PT knows what you have available. Examples might include resistance bands, foam rollers, yoga mats, and blocks, etc.
- Test your camera and start your telehealth visit a few minutes earlier than scheduled, so you are ready to go when the session starts.
- Be ready to get creative and have fun! Expect to work together with your PT and try new things to find what works best for you.
If you’re not currently able to come to the clinic, consider a telehealth visit to keep progress moving on your care. Call us to learn more and schedule your telehealth visit.